Pura Luhur Bhujangga Waisnawa Gunung Sari


"Pura Luhur Bhujangga Waisnawa Gunung Sari"


(Anggi went to Java to pick up her son, but because of high waves she got stuck there. This means I am on my own this weekend.)  

I was driving motorcycle, when I see this path. I liked it so much, I parked my motorcycle and start walking... 



After few minutes I come to this Pura (Bali temple)


First I saw nobody around. It was very quiet.


Then I see a guy sitting there. I asked him if I can take photos? 
He said yes, but asked for a small donation.


So I could go in all by myself, no tourists to bother me.


It was a very calm and genuine experience.


Often people complain how Bali is over crowded with tourists.


Well... this is certainly true for big centers, like Canggu, Kuta, Ubud...


It is also true for famous spots, that are recommended by Instagram, YouTube, Lonely Planet...


But it is not at all true for random places


And Bali is full of them!


Ok, I was a little lucky with this one. You do not find something like this every day.


But often you do. 


There is no end to how many hidden places are in Bali.


Bali has area as big as 1/3 of Slovenia, but has similar habitable area (Slovenia is more then half forest)


No matter how many tourists come.


There are large non touristy areas.


The secret to avoid the crowds is:


to NOT read the social media.


Simple.


And you will have a tourist free experience.


Ok, if somebody wants to find this place: here is my link 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Pura+Luhur+Bhujangga+Waisnawa+Gunung+Sari/@-8.3602943,115.1108009,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x2dd227c6c089c241:0x28bf4fd8935c477e!8m2!3d-8.3602943!4d115.1133812!16s%2Fg%2F11b862zzpw?authuser=0&entry=ttu


This place will (very likely) be tourist free.








A pura 100 meters up the hill.


Under a big old tree.


The perform ceremonies here often. Some rice for the Gods is still here.





The view to this Pura from a nearby hill.


I was actually going to see Jailuwih rice fields. Which is a tourist destination.


They are amazing, and worth seeing.


But it is also full of tourists. I mean, it was not over crowded, but still... When you are surrounded by tourists, some magic is lost.


Another random spot on my way back.


The gifts to the Gods.


Elephant over seeing the traffic.


Do not drive like crazy!





*







Bali Musem 



















*


Margarana Memorial Park



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We bought a house!, Bali

Terrace roof

The Spirit Island

Giant closet

Bali flower tiles

Ubud vibes, Bali

Morning walk, Kuwum

Terrace roof